Monday, June 23, 2014

Think Like A Man Too

To be honest I have never seen Think Like A Man.  I almost didn't see Too but did out of sheer boredom. I had heard nothing but the greatest about the original and I like both Kevin Hart and Micheal Ealy so I kinda had some hopes it would be good. I was worried that not seeing the original would make the sequel confusing. But no worries, the only thing I was confused about was why I was still so bored.

Think Like a Man Too poster.jpg

The old crew is back together. For a wedding! In Vegas! Cedric is still Cedric and obsessed with being the best Best Man. Candace and Micheal are getting married. Dominic and Lauren's relationship is strained by job offers. Jeremy and Kristen are married and struggling to have a baby. All this is being dealt with in the 24 hours before Candace and Micheal's wedding in which both the guys and girls will compete to see who can have the most outlandish bachelor/bachelorette party. Hijinks, of course, ensue.

I wanted to like this movie, but to be honest it was down right boring. It was predictable in all the wrong ways and original in none of them. Kevin Hart brings his fantastic energy to the screen but not even that can make this pop. One of the requirements of a RomCom is that second part: Comedy. It's not a Romantic Comedy if its not funny and rarely is the time that I even chuckled at Think Like a Man Too.  C-

No comments:

Post a Comment