Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Top 10 Overrated Movies of 2015

Top 5 Most Overrated Movies of 2015

So this is always the most controversial list I make but I want to say I'm not saying these movies are technically bad (with maybe the exception of The Visit), just they have way more love then they deserve. Once again this is just my opinion but for my money these are the most overrated movies this year.

5. Steve Jobs

A well acted, well directed bio pic of Steve Jobs. I really didn't like the structure of just focusing on three of his launches at different times in his life and found it to be a pretty average movie for a biographical story. Nothing that justifies the cries for award nominations and immediate critical fawning.

4. The Visit

A movie than many hailed as a return to form for M. Night Shyamalan. I found it to be a predictable bizarre 'horror' movie with a predictable twist...not unlike many Shyamalan rip offs of the early 2000s.

3. Avengers: Age of Ultron

Fan boys come at me but Ultron was not that great. A movie the studio didn't have the guts to give a proper emotional punch to and failed to build on or set up any extended universe. Vision and James Spader does not a great movie make.

2. Trainwreck

People extolled this Amy Schumer comedy as the groundbreaking comedy for the modern woman. I found many other comedies just this year to be funnier and less obnoxious. At least they have the title correct.

1. Inside Out


I will never understand the love heaped on this movie. Every time I watch it I end up liking it less. Another movie where the creators refused to take risks and resorted to easy storytelling. People keep talking about Pixars Magnum Opus of emotional and original storytelling...I'll keep waiting for it because its not this.

No comments:

Post a Comment